We’re excited to have 12 new shades of Brooklyn Tweed Shelter here at our shop!
Brooklyn Tweed Shelter:
- worsted weight
- woolen-spun, 2 ply
- 100% Targhee-Columbia wool
- 140 yards/50 g
- $16.50 each
Shelter is Brooklyn Tweed’s first yarn, and one of the most well-loved – a worsted weight, woolen-spun Targhee-Columbia wool, sourced, dyed, and spun entirely in the USA. So far, all the colors have been created by dyeing the fiber in 16 vibrant solids, then blending them, two or three at a time, into intricate heathers. This new batch of colors is skein-dyed, inspired by nature and designed to enhance and play well with the existing Shelter palette.
What to knit with Brooklyn Tweed Shelter? Here are some of our favorite patterns for this versatile yarn!
- “The Weekender,” by Andrea Mowry – reverse stockinette pullover with slip stitch detail
- “Truss,” by Melissa Wehrle – stockinette cardigan with rib and eyelet detail
- “Docklight,” by Julie Hoover – fisherman’s rib and lace pullover
- “Color Story,” by Tif Neilan – short-sleeved colorwork yoke pullover
- “Otte,” by Jared Flood – colorwork yoke pullover; click here for our color combinations!
- “Slade,” by Michele Wang – stockinette cardigan with ribbed shawl collar
- “Nuuk,” by Jonna Hietala – short-sleeved stockinette pullover
- “Galloway,” by Jared Flood – colorwork cardigan
- “Banff,” by Tan Can Knits – colorwork hat with tree motif, newborn-adult sizes
- “Rockfall Hat,” by Tin Can Knits – colorwork hat with geometric motif, baby-adult sizes
- “Guernsey Wrap,” by Jared Flood – rectangular texture-patterned shawl
- “Bradway Shawl,” by Shannon Cook – 3 color shawl
- “Ramblewood,” by Tamy Gore – 5 color shawl; click here for our color combinations!
- “First Colorwork Cowl,” by Jared Flood – 3-5 color cowl; click here for our color combinations!
- “Twin Lakes Cowl,” by Tressa Weidenaar – colorwork cowl; click here for our color combinations!
- “Maize,” by Tin Can Knits – fingerless mitts/mittens in toddler-adult sizes
While BT works to get their classic heathered colorways back into production after a mill closure, we’re happy to have these new colors to brighten our Shelter selection! Look for Shelter in the worsted weight section here at our shop – we’re open from 11am – 5:30pm, Tuesdays – Saturdays.