Our supply of Malabrigo Caprino dwindled to almost zero during our Annual Inventory Sale – we are so happy to have this yarn back in stock!
- DK weight
- hand-dyed, variegated, speckled, and semi-solid colorways
- 80% merino, 20% cashmere
- 159 yards/50 g
- $18 each
Like all Malabrigo yarns, Caprino comes in a variety of vibrant, memorable hand-dyed colorways. What sets it apart is the extra softness of cashmere, which really makes Caprino a treat to work with and wear. Lately it’s been popular for PetiteKnit’s “Sophie Scarf,” a small garter stitch neckwarmer that many knitters have been making on repeat.
I knit Andrea Mowry’s “Nightshift” shawl with Malabrigo Caprino a couple of years ago, and it now hangs at the shop, inspiring knitters to make their own. It was fun to combine semisolid, variegated, and speckled colorways in this slip stitch pattern and see how they worked together.
What else to make with Caprino? Here are some ideas!
- “Beloved,” by Tin Can Knits – bonnet with garter stitch edge
- “Novemberist Hat,” by Vanessa Smith – colorwork hat and mitts
- “Pātikitiki Hat,” by Francoise Danoy – colorwork hat and cowl
- “Tincture,” by Andrea Mowry – mosaic hat
- “Dissent Cowl (knit),” by Carissa Browning – slip-stitch cowl inspired by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s famous collar
- “Ikigai Cowl,” by Breean Elyse Miller – openwork ribbed cowl
Look for Malabrigo Caprino in the DK weight section here at our shop!