Dapple is Brooklyn Tweed’s DK weight blend of organic cotton and merino, a soft and fluffy yarn that’s been very popular around here. We’re delighted to report that five new colors just arrived, and we restocked others, too!
Brooklyn Tweed Dapple:
- DK weight
- woolen-spun, tonally dyed
- 60% merino wool, 40% organic cotton
- 165 yards/50 g
- $15.25 each
Dapple is tonally dyed, meaning skeins in the same colorway differ from one another even in the same dye lot. Some are lighter, some are darker, some almost look marled! This isn’t immediately apparent when looking at one skein of Dapple at a time, so I’ve laid out big groups in a few colorways to give a better sense of the variety.
You can see each color laid out this way on our first Dapple blog post, and we’re happy to show you all the skeins we have in a given color when you’re here shopping in person.
The balance of cool, soft cotton and bouncy wool makes Dapple ideal for transitional spring garments and accessories. Here are some pattern ideas!
- “Ranunculus,” Midori Hirose – lace yoke pullover
- “Anker’s Summer Shirt,” by PetiteKnit – ribbed yoke tee
- “Ginn,” by Jared Flood – raglan tee
- “Ashfork,” by Aude Martin – cap-sleeve textured vest
- “Graphic Elements,” by Tamy Gore – colorwork pullover
- “Alvord,” by Noma Ndlovu – textured and striped pullover
- “Ebbie,” by Alice Caetano – textured cardigan, worked side-to-side
Click here for more pattern ideas, and look for Brooklyn Tweed Dapple in the DK weight section here at the Hillsborough Yarn Shop!