Isager’s newest yarn is here at the Hillsborough Yarn Shop – meet Sock Yarn!
Isager Sock Yarn:
- fingering weight
- 40% Easy Wash alpaca, 40% Easy Wash merino wool, 20% recycled nylon
- 423 yards/100g
- $20 each
Isager Sock Yarn is a soft and sturdy fingering weight yarn made primarily of Easy Wash alpaca and merino wool. An environmentally friendly alternative to superwash, Easy Wash is a treatment that makes animal fibers machine-washable without discharging hazardous chemicals in the process. Like Fibre Co. Amble, Isager Sock Yarn is fortified with recycled nylon for strength, making good use of an industrial byproduct that would otherwise be wasted.
Isager Sock Yarn is smooth and tightly plied, which is key for hard-wearing accessories like socks. I’m knitting a child-sized “Rye Light” sock as an Isager Sock Yarn sample for the shop, appreciating the stitch definition as I work.
Here are some sock patterns to consider, from basic beginner-level socks to intricate texture and color patterns.
- “Rye Light,” by Tin Can Knits – stockinette and garter stitch socks, baby-adult sizes
- “DRK Everyday Socks,” by Andrea Mowry – ribbed socks, baby-adult sizes
- “Apart Together Socks,” by Dawn Henderson – cabled ankle socks, adult sizes
- “Doakes,” by Nataliya Guseva – cabled socks, adult sizes
- “Dreaming of Paris,” by Joji Locatelli – striped socks with lace edge, adult sizes
- “Alfrick,” by Rachel Coopey – colorwork and textured socks, adult sizes
Look for Isager Sock Yarn in the fingering weight section here at our shop!