It feels like we unpack at least one Malabrigo order each week – everyone loves their memorable colorways and soft fibers. This week’s Malabrigo box held a sizable restock of Caprino, a super soft merino/cashmere blend.
- DK weight
- hand-dyed, variegated, speckled, and semi-solid colorways
- 80% merino, 20% cashmere
- 159 yards/50 g
- $18 each
I knit Andrea Mowry’s “Nightshift” shawl with Malabrigo Caprino a couple of years ago, and it now hangs at the shop, inspiring knitters to make their own. It was fun to combine semisolid, variegated, and speckled colorways in this slip stitch pattern and see how they worked together.
What else to make with Caprino? Here are some ideas!
- “Sophie Scarf,” by PetiteKnit – small garter stitch neckwarmer
- “Novemberist Hat,” by Vanessa Smith – colorwork hat and mitts
- “Pātikitiki Hat,” by Francoise Danoy – colorwork hat and cowl
- “Tincture,” by Andrea Mowry – mosaic hat
- “Dissent Cowl (knit),” by Carissa Browning – slip-stitch cowl inspired by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s famous collar
- “Ikigai Cowl,” by Breean Elyse Miller – openwork ribbed cowl
Look for Malabrigo Caprino in the DK weight section here at our shop, and pick up a free copy of Breean Elyse Miller’s “Ikigai Cowl” pattern with your purchase!