The Fibre Company has just launched a new line of yarn, & Make! These are yarns for stitchers at every stage of their crafting journey, made of natural, sustainable fibers from renewable sources. We’re starting with & Make Aran, a soft and squishy blend of Highland wool and alpaca.
The Fibre Co. & Make Aran:
- aran weight
- solid and heathered colors
- 50% Highland wool, 50% alpaca
- 164 yards/100g
- $17.50 each
What to knit with & Make Aran? Here are some ideas!
- “Felix Pullover” or “Felix Cardigan,” by Amy Christoffers – stockinette sweaters with eyelet details at raglan yoke
- “Downstream,” by Kate Davies – striped, raglan cardigan knit from the top down
- “Boreal,” by Kate Davies – large motif colorwork pullover
- “Purls of Wisdom Sweater (Aran),” by The Fibre Co. – stockinette circular yoke pullover with purl ridges
- “Warm & Easy Hat (Aran),” by Kate Atherley – stockinette hat with ribbed brim
- “Bandana Cowl,” by Purl Soho – bandana shaped cowl
- “Gridland Scarf,” by The Fibre Co. – textured scarf in 3 gauges (DK, aran, and super bulky)
- “Catch my Fall,” by Melanie Berg – lace and textured triangular shawl
- “Open Sky,” by Andrea Mowry – lace and textured semicircular shawl
- “Almina,” by Lisa Hannes – cabled triangular shawl
Come by the shop to see & Make Aran for yourself! We’re here from 11-5:30, Tuesdays-Saturdays; masks required.