The newest arrivals to our sport weight section are Neighborhood Capital Luxury Sport and a restock of Schoppel-Wolle Zauberwolle, and they look like friends to me. Combining semisolid shades with self-striping yarn makes for exciting colorwork, whether stranded, striped, mosaic, or brioche.
What to make with these color pairs? Here are some ideas!
- “koivua light,” by Caitlin Hunter – top down colorwork pullover
- “Guthrie,” by Caitlin Hunter – top down colorwork pullover with cable detail
- “Metamorphic,” by Andrea Mowry – striped pullover with faux seams
- “Junction,” by Andrea Mowry – brioche and colorwork pullover
- “Lovebirds Sweater,” by Kate Oates – short sleeved colorwork pullover
- “Hinterland,” by Jennifer Steingass – colorwork pullover
- “Newleaf,” by Jennifer Steingass – colorwork pullover
- “Squaropolis,” by Maxim Cyr – mosaic triangular shawl
- “Destination Unknown,” by Cheryl Faust – mosaic triangular shawl
- “Montana Mountain Cowl,” by Andrea Mowry – mosaic moebius cowl
- “Auri,” by Alicia Plummer – colorwork tubular cowl
- “Pressed Flowers Hat,” by Amy Christoffers – mosaic hat
- “Flicker & Flame,” by Andrea Mowry – colorwork hat
Look for Capital Luxury Sport and Zauberwolle in the sport weight section here at the Hillsborough Yarn Shop – we’re open from 11am – 5:30pm, Tuesdays – Saturdays! We’re still taking online orders for local pickup or shipping, as well.