We recently unpacked a giant box from Kelbourne Woolens, refilling our bins of Cricket, Perennial, Camper, Skipper, and Andorra. However, the KW yarn we ordered the very most of was Scout, a soft and sturdy wool that’s become a staple in our DK weight section.
Kelbourne Woolens Scout
- DK weight
- 2ply, worsted spun
- 100% wool
- 274 yards/100 grams
- $18 each
This order brought us four new colors as well as old favorites, rounding out Scout’s color palette in a satisfying way.
This soft yet unfussy DK weight wool works up beautifully in everything from colorwork and cables to simple stockinette – here’s a fresh batch of pattern ideas!
- “Field Sweater,” by Camilla Vad – textured yoke pullover
- “Spring Sweater,” by Kate Gagnon Osborn – textured set-in sleeve pullover
- “Robinia Light,” by Anne Ventzel – colorwork stripe pullover
- “Sheep Camp Sweater,” by Jennifer Berg – colorwork yoke pullover with arrow motif
- “Kaleidoscope,” by Claudia Quintanilla – child’s colorwork yoke pullover, from Making Memories book
- “Storm Sweater,” by PetiteKnit – texture pattern pullover
- “Moby Slipover,” by PetiteKnit – cabled vest
- “DRK Everyday Cowl,” by Andrea Mowry – garter and slip stitch cowl
- “Ampersand Wrap,” by Tif Neilan – asymmetrical triangular shawl with garter stitch stripes and herringbone stitch
- “Pressed Flowers,” by Amy Christoffers – triangular shawl with mosaic flower motif
- “Scarf No. 1,” by My Favorite Things – small garter stitch and eyelet bandana
- “Codlin Heid,” by Kate Davies – colorwork hat with geometric motif
- “Gro Hat,” by Fiber Tales – textured hat with plant motif
Look for Kelbourne Woolens Scout in the DK weight section here at our shop – we’re open from 11:00 am – 5:30 pm, Tuesdays – Saturdays; masks required for entry. You can also order online for local pickup or shipping – just use our online order form!