After spending the past few years out of production, Malabrigo Caracol is back!
- super bulky weight
- thick and thin
- 100% superwash merino wool
- 90 yards/150 grams
- $25 each
Caracol is a super bulky yarn with a unique texture, composed of a thick-and-thin single ply criss-crossed by a thinner yarn. Some skeins are criss-crossed with a black binder thread, giving a stained glass effect, and others with white, for more subtle variation.
A yarn with this much personality doesn’t need a complicated pattern to show it off, and Anne’s “Perky Little Hat” is just the ticket.
What else to make with Caracol? Here are some ideas!
- “The Big Hat,” by Davina Choy – stockinette hat with folded rib brim
- “Back2BasicsBeanie,” by BKnitsHandmade – ribbed hat
- “Urchin,” by Ysolda Teague – garter stitch beret, knit sideways
- “Caracol Button Hat,” by Kaity Fraker – garter and stockinette hat with button
- “Quick Fling Scarf,” by Amy Loberg – triangular scarf
- “Darn Knit Kinetic Cowl,” by Carly Stipe – drop stitch cowl
Caracol is squishy, soft as can be, and provides near-instant gratification. Look for it in the super bulky section here at the shop, and remember it when the need for a handmade gift sneaks up at the last minute!