We recently restocked Isager Silk Mohair, a soft and shiny lace weight blend of mohair and silk, often used in tandem with heavier yarns. Fingering weight yarn seems to be a particularly popular playmate for Silk Mohair – here are some color combinations pairing it up with Isager Sock Yarn and Alpaca 2, and PetiteKnit pattern ideas below!
- Isager Silk Mohair: lace weight, 70% kid mohair, 30% silk, 233 yards/25 g; $16 each
- Isager Sock Yarn: fingering weight, 40% Easy Wash alpaca, 40% Easy Wash merino wool, 20% recycled nylon, 423 yards/100g; $20 each
- Isager Alpaca 2: light fingering weight, 50% alpaca, 50% wool, 275 yards/50 g; $12 each
What to knit with these yarn pairings? You’ll find more ideas on a blog post of mine from November, but for today, let’s focus on PetiteKnit, who seems to especially favor this combination of lace + fingering weight yarns:
- “Oslo Hat – mohair edition,” by PetiteKnit – ribbed hat
- “Anker’s Hat,” by PetiteKnit – segmented ribbed hat
- “Balloon Sweater,” by PetiteKnit – pullover with balloon sleeves
- “Stockholm Slipover,” by PetiteKnit – stockinette vest
- “Copenhagen Cardigan,” by PetiteKnit – stockinette raglan cardigan with pockets
- “No Frills Sweater,” by PetiteKnit – stockinette raglan pullover
- “Jenny Sweater,” by PetiteKnit – smocked pullover
Here’s a bit of show and tell, a close up on Margaretta’s own “Jenny Sweater,” knit with Isager Silk Mohair and Alpaca 2 held together throughout. The combination is deliciously soft, with elegant drape, and I love the ever-so-slightly-different shades of light green Margaretta chose, they blended together beautifully!
Look for these and other Isager yarns in our lace and fingering weight sections here at the shop!