Malabrigo is known for their vibrant hand-dyed colorways, so we were intrigued to hear they were coming out with a line of solid colors in Rios. The weight, yardage, fiber content, gauge, and texture is the same as ever, but the colors are industrially dyed, so there’s no need to alternate skeins!
Malabrigo Rios Solidos:
- worsted weight
- solid, industrially dyed colors, no need to alternate skeins!
- 100% superwash merino wool
- 210 yards/100g
- $16 each
There are endless good uses for Malabrigo Rios, such that hardly a day goes by without our selling at least a few skeins. Here are a few recently published patterns to get you started!
- “Avena,” by Jennifer Steingass – top-down colorwork yoke pullover
- “Minenhle,” by Noma Ndlovu – top-down colorwork pullover
- “Inclinations Shawl,” by Andrea Mowry – fisherman’s rib shawl
- “The Dilemma,” by Joji Locatelli – triangular shawl with stripes, eyelets, and a modular border
- “Fallen Leaves,” by Janina Kallio – triangular lace shawl
- “Harlow Worsted,” by Andrea Mowry – brioche hat
- “Cabled Trellis Hat,” by Stephen West – stripes and cables
- “Jelka,” by Isabell Kraemer – mosaic hat
Look for Rios in the worsted weight section here at our shop; we’re open from 11 am – 5:30 pm, Tuesdays – Saturdays. You can also order online for local pickup or shipping – thanks for your support of our shop!