The Koigu Collector’s Club continues! Each month, we’ll receive 21 skeins of KPPPM in a limited edition color dyed especially for a select group of local yarn stores that carry Koigu. KPPPM is a fingering weight superwash merino, hand-dyed in vibrant colors by mother/daughter team Maie and Taiu Landra on their farm outside of Toronto, Canada.
- fingering weight
- hand dyed, variegated
- 100% superwash merino wool
- 175 yards/50 g
- $15.50 each
This month’s limited edition shade is Koigu Wall, a variegated rainbow, like a box of crayons in a skein.
As we were unpacking these colorful skeins, Anne suggested using them in a kid’s colorwork sweater – with enough contrast in the background color, variegated skeins can really shine in stranded patterns. Wool & Pine’s “Criterion Mini” is a great candidate, a colorwork yoke pullover in sizes 0-6 months – 10-12 years. (There’s an adult “Criterion,” too – rainbow yokes aren’t just for kids!)
- Brooklyn Tweed Peerie: fingering weight, 100% merino wool, 210 yards/50 grams, $17.25 each
- Kelbourne Woolens Camper: fingering weight, 100% wool, 200 yards/50g; $9 each
Want to use Koigu Wall on its own? These Wool & Pine patterns are great for highly variegated skeins like these:
- “Summer Sorrel” – adult short sleeved tee with textured yoke
- “Sorrel Mini” – child’s long sleeved pullover with textured yoke
- “Scotch Broom” – adult cropped tee with broomstick lace yoke