We are over the moon – Lady Dye Yarns are now in stock here at the Hillsborough Yarn Shop!
LDY owner Diane Ivey is an indie dyer based in Boston, MA. As one of the cofounders of the emPower People project, she’s as well known for her vibrant colorways as she is for her craftivism.
Our first LDY order arrived this week, bursting with lively shades of Superwash Fingering, along with a surprise that we’re tucking away for members of our HYS Hat Club in the upcoming Quarter 2.
Lady Dye Superwash Fingering:
- fingering weight
- single ply
- hand-dyed in semisolid and variegated colorways
- 100% superwash merino wool
- 425 yards/100g
- $32 each
Lady Dye Superwash Fingering has a merino softness and single-ply texture comparable to Malabrigo Mechita, but the color palette has its own personality – the semisolid shades are clear and bright, and the variegated colorways are unique.
What to make with these stunning skeins? Here are some patterns designed for Lady Dye Superwash Fingering – check them out for inspiration and to see how this yarn looks when knit and crocheted!
- “Aperture Cowldana,” by Rebecca McKenzie – cowl + bandana hybrid, knit flat from the bottom up, then joined in the round
- “Jubilance Kerchief,” by Shay Johnson – square kerchief, knit from the center out in stockinette and lace
- “Nyah,” by Tamy Gore – lace-edged knit shawl
- “Tubman Cuff,” by Jiminez Joseph – cabled knit wrist-warmers
- “La Lucha,” by Crochet Luna – crocheted infinity scarf
As I photographed this yarn, I found myself instinctively creating color trios from solid and variegated shades that seemed to speak to one another. Below are some three-color pattern ideas, in case any of these combinations speak to you:
- “The Doodler,” by Stephen West – asymmetric knit shawl with cables on one edge and waves on another
- “Goldfish Memory,” by Casapinka – parallelogram wrap with simple lace, garter stitch stripes, and slipped stitches
- “Stay Soft Shawl,” by Veera Välimäki – asymmetric garter stitch shawl with stripes
- “Acadia in September,” by Astrid Schmidt-Nielsen – triangular knit shawl with lace, stripes, and an I-cord edging
Head to our online order form to get some Lady Dye Superwash Fingering of your very own! Available for local pickup or shipping, as we remain closed to walk-in visits.
Pingback: Hello, Lady Dye SW Merino DK. | Hillsborough Yarn Shop
Pingback: Dream in Color Pop-Up! Club: February. | Hillsborough Yarn Shop
Pingback: Laine Magazine, No. 11. | Hillsborough Yarn Shop
Pingback: Yarn ideas for “Summernight Sky,” by Lisa Hannes. | Hillsborough Yarn Shop