We are delighted to announce a new arrival at the Hillsborough Yarn Shop: meet Isager Silk Mohair!
Isager Silk Mohair:
- lace weight
- 70% kid mohair, 30% silk
- 233 yards/25 g
- $16 each
Isager is a Danish yarn company led by designers and co-owners Marianne Isager and her daughter, Helga Isager. They are known for combining yarns to create unique fiber and color blends, and for their sophisticated color palette.
Silk Mohair is soft and shiny, lightweight with a fluffy texture, and often used in tandem with heavier yarns. We’ve seen more and more patterns calling for a lace weight mohair like this one, sometimes paired with a fingering weight yarn, sometimes a bulky – stay tuned for more blog posts on how to pair it up! Til then, here are a few ideas for using Silk Mohair on its own, or combined with other lace weight yarns.
- “Color Play Mohair Wrap,” by Churchmouse Yarns – 2 strands of Silk Mohair held together
- “Novice Cardigan – Mohair Edition,” by PetiteKnit – 2 strands of Silk Mohair held together
- “Like a cloud,” cardigan by Joji Locatelli – Silk Mohair + another lace weight yarn
- “Yume,” pullover by Isabell Kraemer – Silk Mohair + another lace weight yarn
- “Mohair Bias Loop,” cowl by Kit Hutchin – 1 strand of Silk Mohair
- “Windy Fields,” shawl by Marjut Lund-Rahkola, from Laine’s 52 Weeks of Shawls – 1 strand of Silk Mohair
Here’s a bit of show and tell, a close up on Margaretta’s own “Windy Fields,” knit with Isager Silk Mohair.
This gorgeous piece was the result of a special order we made for Margaretta before deciding to carry the yarn, and her beautiful knitting put us over the top – we are so happy to have Silk Mohair on our shelves! Look for it in the lace weight section here at the Hillsborough Yarn Shop, or order online for local pickup or shipping.