Fyberspates Cumulus is the newest yarn here at the Hillsborough Yarn Shop, a soft and fluffy lace weight alpaca/silk blend. Though it’s lovely on its own, it plays well with others – here are some yarn and pattern ideas for holding Cumulus together with heavier yarns!
Cumulus + fingering weight:
- “Oslo Hat – mohair edition,” by PetiteKnit – ribbed hat
- “Anker’s Hat,” by PetiteKnit – segmented ribbed hat
- “Pink Fizz,” by Andrea Mowry – cabled pullover
- “Balloon Sweater,” by Petiteknit – pullover with balloon sleeves
Cumulus is shown here with Isager Alpaca 2 and Kelbourne Woolens Cricket (above) and Isager Merilin and Kelbourne Woolens Perennial (below).
Cumulus + DK weight:
- “Kobuk,” by Caitlin Hunter – bobbled hat
- “Honey Glow,” by Tamy Gore – lace and brioche shawl
- “Novice Slipover,” by PetiteKnit – stockinette vest
- “Ingrid Slipover,” by PetiteKnit – textured vest
Cumulus is shown here with Fibre Co. Acadia and Brooklyn Tweed Arbor (above), and Kelbourne Woolens Scout and Isager Jensen (below).
Cumulus + worsted weight:
- “On the C Train,” by Espace Tricot – ribbed beanie
- “November Balaclava,” by PetiteKnit – fisherman’s rib balaclava
- “Ghostwood Mittens,” by Kiyomi Burgin – stockinette mittens with cable detail
- “Cedro,” by Thea Colman – textured pullover
Cumulus is shown here with Malabrigo Rios and Berroco Ultra Alpaca (above), and Brooklyn Tweed Tones and Shelter (below).
We can’t wait to see what other color and yarn combinations you come up with – see you at the shop!