Isager Alpaca 2 has long been a favorite here at the Hillsborough Yarn Shop. There always seems to be a steady demand for this fuzzy blend of merino and alpaca, beloved for its soft hand and harmonious color palette. A very large box of the stuff arrived with the brand new Isager Sock Yarn, bringing some bestselling colors back into stock and adding a few new shades, too!
Isager Alpaca 2:
- light fingering weight
- 50% alpaca, 50% merino
- 275 yards/50 g
- $12 each
Our seasoned “Stole” sample has hung on the wall for years now, yet it regularly catches the eye of knitters seeking a soothing, repetitive project, one that’s easy to execute, but with graceful results.
Here are some other pattern ideas for Alpaca 2!
- “Friday Tee,” by PetiteKnit – striped broken rib tee
- “Painted Desert Sweater,” by Tressa Weidenaar – geometric colorwork yoke pullover
- “Birkin,” by Caitlin Hunter – floral colorwork yoke pullover
- “Little Love,” by Ankestrik – textured cardigan
- “Vellichor,” by Andrea Mowry – cropped, striped, slip stitch tee
- “Yara,” by Natasja Hornby – crescent-shaped mosaic shawl
- “Celes,” by Jared Flood – Shetland-inspired lace stole
- “3 Color Cashmere Cowl,” by Joji Locatelli – stitch sampler cowl
Look for Alpaca 2 in the fingering weight section here at our shop! We love Isager yarns and carry a lot of them – Silk Mohair, Spinni, Alpaca 1, Alpaca 3, Tvinni, Highland Wool, Jensen, Sock Yarn, and more.