We’re delighted to have a fresh supply of Fibre Co. Amble here at the shop!
Fibre Co. Amble:
- fingering weight
- solid and heathered colors
- 70% Easy-wash merino wool, 20% Easy-wash alpaca, and 10% recycled nylon
- 355 yards/100g
- $23 each
Amble is a unique and eco-friendly sock yarn. The thoughtful folks at Fibre Co. selected these Easy-wash fibers because they are processed without the use of hazardous chemicals, yet are still easy to care for and resist shrinking in the wash.
Kate Atherley’s “One Sock” was designed especially for Fibre Co. Amble, a classic top-down sock in all sizes, with lots of opportunities for customization. One skein of Amble is enough for most sizes, but check the pattern description on Ravelry for yardage requirements, as the two largest sizes require a second skein.
What else to make with Amble? Here are some ideas!
- “Curio Socks,” by Andrea Mowry – striped, slip stitch socks
- “Bear Paw Socks,” by Andrea Mowry – marled, ribbed socks, knit with 2 strands of fingering weight yarn held together throughout
- “Linksfield Socks,” by Sylvia Watts-Cherry – lace socks
- “Ruki,” by Yucca – textured socks
- “Colsie Mitts,” by Alicia Plummer – textured fingerless mitts
Look for Fibre Co. Amble in the fingering weight section here at the Hillsborough Yarn Shop! We’re open from 11am – 5:30pm, Tuesdays – Saturdays; masks are required for entry.