We recently got a big bundle of new colors from Berroco in yarns across their line of machine-washable wools – Ultra Wool DK, Ultra Wool (worsted weight), and Ultra Wool Chunky. Today, I’m sharing new colors, project ideas, and color combinations in Ultra Wool DK – let’s take a look!
Berroco Ultra Wool DK:
- DK weight
- 100% superwash wool
- 292 yards/100g
- $12 each
The new colors are shown above, a pastel rainbow that creates exciting new possibilities for color combining across the whole palette.
As I investigated those possibilities, I found myself drawn to three-color combinations, thinking, as I often do, of stranded colorwork.
Here are some DK weight patterns to consider if any of these trios catches your eye:
- “Dog Star,” by Tin Can Knits – my go-to baby sweater, though it comes in all sizes; a pullover with a colorwork yoke, designed for 2 colors, but easily modified for 3, as you can see in Anne’s “Dog Stars”
- “Clayoquot,” by Tin Can Knits – colorwork yoke cardigan with pockets
- “Tecumseh,” by Caitlin Hunter – oversized colorwork pullover
- “Unbearable Hoodie,” by Les Garçons – hooded pullover with colorwork yoke and an adorable bear motif; there’s also a “Mini-Unbearable Hoodie” for kids
- “Parsons Green,” by Kathryn Folkerth – colorwork yoke pullover
- “Clayoquot Toque,” by Tin Can Knits – colorwork hat, sized for all ages
- “Flaked,” by Amy Miller – colorwork hat
- “Candy Darling,” by Kate Gagnon Osborn – colorwork hat and mittens
- “Brunstane,” by Ysolda Teague – close-fitting colorwork cowl
- “Stoneham Poncho,” by Dianna Walla – turtleneck poncho with colorwork yoke and neck
- “Le Massif Scarf,” by Dianna Walla – tubular colorwork scarf
When I took these photos, I had in mind that the color on the left would make a good main or background color, and the two colors at right would be contrast colors. These assignments can shift as needed, depending upon the design at hand – happy to help answer questions as you pair these colorways with patterns you love!
Order online for local pickup or shipping, and keep an eye out for upcoming posts on Ultra Wool and Ultra Wool Chunky!