We’re delighted to have a fresh supply of Malabrigo Washted!
- worsted weight
- single ply
- 100% superwash merino
- 210 yards/100g
- $15.95 each
Washted is a worsted weight, superwash merino, with 210 yards on each 100 gram skein, and it’s hand-dyed in rich variegated colors. It’s a lot like Malabrigo’s popular Rios yarn, except that Washted is single ply where Rios is plied.
The downside of single ply yarn is often discussed here at the shop, namely, that single ply yarns are the first to pill. The upside, however, is that the super soft merino wool is even softer in a single ply. This makes Washted ideal for accessories that don’t see a lot of abrasion, like shawls, cowls, and hats. Here are a few pattern ideas:
- “Nightshift,” by Andrea Mowry – slip stitch shawl
- “Hipster Shawl,” by Joji Locatelli – textured drop-stitch shawl
- “Versa Cowl,” by Aimee Pelletier – striped, textured cowl
- “Oats,” by Tin Can Knits – garter stitch and stockinette cowl
- “Barley,” by Tin Can Knits – garter stitch and stockinette hat for all ages
- “Bankhead,” by Susie Gourlay – ribbed hat for all ages
Look for Malabrigo Washted in the worsted weight section here at our shop, or order online for local pickup or shipping!