Schoppel-Wolle Zauberwolle is the latest arrival here at the Hillsborough Yarn Shop, a marled self-striping merino wool. I wrote in its introductory post about mixing two contrasting colors, but Zauberwolle plays well with solid colors, too. Read on for some color and pattern ideas!
Here, I’ve paired Zauberwolle with Swans Island All American Sport – a hand-dyed yarn, so you can expect a little bit of variation in the skein, but an overall semisolid effect.
Swans Island All American Sport: sport weight, hand-dyed, 100% Rambouillet wool, 185 yards/40 g; $12.50 each
Kelbourne Woolens Andorra is a great playmate for Zauberwolle, too – a soft and slightly fuzzy blend of merino and highland wool with a dash of mohair.
Kelbourne Woolens Andorra: sport weight, 60% merino, 20% highland wool, 20% mohair, 185 yards/50 g; $12 each
What to make with these color pairs? Here are some ideas!
- “Guthrie,” by Caitlin Hunter – top down colorwork pullover with cable detail
- “Junction,” by Andrea Mowry – brioche and colorwork pullover
- “Sparky,” by Andrea Mowry – colorwork pullover with pockets
- “Hinterland,” by Jennifer Steingass – colorwork pullover
- “Newleaf,” by Jennifer Steingass – colorwork pullover
- “Destination Unknown,” by Cheryl Faust – mosaic triangular shawl
- “Montana Mountain Cowl,” by Andrea Mowry – mosaic moebius cowl
- “Confection,” by Melissa LaBarre – colorwork hat
- “Flicker & Flame,” by Andrea Mowry – colorwork hat
Look for Zauberwolle, All American Sport, and Andorra in the sport weight section here at the Hillsborough Yarn Shop – we’re open from 11am – 5:30pm, Tuesdays – Saturdays! We’re still taking online orders for local pickup or shipping, as well.