We’re delighted to announce that Fibre Co. Acadia is back in stock!
Fibre Co. Acadia:
- DK weight
- 60% merino, 20% alpaca, 20% silk
- 145 yards/50 g
- $17.50 each
Acadia has long been a favorite yarn in our DK weight section, especially for projects where softness is key and some drape is welcome. The silk slubs takes the dye differently than the other fibers, giving most colorways a rustic, tweedy appearance, which belies its luxuriously soft hand.
Garments knit with Acadia have a mix of structure and drape. We have a couple of samples knit in Acadia at the shop so you can see and feel this in person; look for the Churchmouse “Easy Folded Poncho” and “Quaking Aspen” shawl next time you’re here.
Here are a few other pattern ideas for Fibre Co. Acadia!
- “Acadia Loop,” by Elizabeth Smith – unisex hemmed neckwarmer
- “Copenhagen calling,” by Isabell Kraemer – 2 color mosaic and lace cowl
- “Mended Plaid Cowl,” by Jamie Lomax – stranded and textured cowl
- “Anker’s Hat,” by PetiteKnit – ribbed beanie
- “Norie,” by Gudrun Johnston – slouchy textured lace beanie
- “Simple Gifts,” by Dee O’Keefe – triangular shawl with leaf lace panel
- “One Sweater DK,” by Becky Baker – basic stockinette raglan pullover in 15 sizes from Age 1-2 – 64″ chest circumference
- “Beekeeper Cardigan,” by Marie Greene – textured saddle shoulder cardigan
Come by to give Acadia a squeeze and plan your next project! We’re open from 11am – 5:30pm, Tuesdays – Saturdays; masks required for entry.