Stranded Colorwork: “Baa-ble Hat”
Instructor: Nancy Cavender
Saturdays: October 21 and November 4, 2023; 3:00-4:30pm.
Donna Smith's adorable "Baa-ble Hat" is a great project for learning stranded colorwork. Nancy will teach the basics of this technique, including chart reading and how to trap floats in the back of the work. Bring your needles and yarn to the first class - we will practice two-color knitting and begin a gauge swatch.
Experience Level: You should be comfortable knitting and purling and working in the round on either circular or double-pointed needles.
- "Baa-ble Hat" pattern, available for purchase on Ravelry or in the shop
- Worsted weight yarn in four colors, ~100 yards each; we recommend Brooklyn Tweed Shelter or Tones
- 16" circular needles in size US 6 (4 mm) and 7 (4.5 mm), DPNs in US 7
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
Materials available for purchase at the shop.
- Masks are required in the classroom and in the shop.
- Refunds or store credits for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was unexpectedly closed.
- Refunds or store credits for missed classes cannot be made.