Knit “The Weekender” Sweater
Instructor: Jamie Killorin
Wednesdays, August 17, 24, 31, September 7, and September 14, 3:00 - 5:00 pm.
Let's work together on a perfect knit for fall! This versatile textured sweater is worked inside out, so most of the sweater is simply knitting. Techniques include knitting a sweater from the bottom up in the round, a tubular cast on, faux seams, drop shoulder, and tubular bind off. Come prepared to measure for the perfect fit, review the pattern, and cast on your initial gauge swatch in the round. Please bring a highlighter, pen, or pencil and paper to take notes and a printed copy of the pattern.
You should be comfortable knitting and purling.
- "The Weekender," pattern available on Ravelry
- 915-1910 yards of worsted weight yarn, depending on size (see pattern for size/yardage details). Shown in Brooklyn Tweed Shelter, 100% American Targhee-Columbia wool (140 yds/50g)
- 24 or 32" US 9 (5.5mm) circular needle for gauge - a longer 40" needle for project and preferred needle for small circumference knitting. Final needle size to be determined from gauge swatch.
- stitch markers (4), tapestry needle, stitch holders, or waste yarn
Materials are available for purchase at the shop.
- Masks are required in the classroom and in the shop.
- Refunds or store credits for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was unexpectedly closed.
- Refunds or store credits for missed classes cannot be made.