Beginning Knitting (September)
Instructor: Anne Derby
Wednesday early evenings: September 20, 26 and October 4, 2023; 5:45-7:15 pm.
For beginners: learn to knit in the Continental style. We will use the Churchmouse "Stitch-Sampler Hand Warmers" pattern, which is included in the cost of the class.
In the first session, you'll learn the long tail cast on and the knit stitch. In the second session, the purl stitch will be introduced as we move from the cuff to the body of the hand-warmer. In the last session, you'll learn how to bind off and seam your mitts using mattress stitch in both garter and stockinette stitches.
Note: In order to keep moving forward, it is expected that knitting "homework" will be completed each week.
- 110 yards of smooth, worsted weight yarn in a light color; we recommend Kelbourne Woolens Germantown
- US size 8 knitting needles
- 1 locking stitch marker
- Tapestry/darning needle for seaming and weaving in ends
Materials are available for purchase at the shop.
- Masks are required in the classroom and in the shop.
- Refunds or store credits for pre-paid class registrations can be made only if we are notified at least two weeks in advance of the beginning of class.
- Missed classes will not be made up unless the instructor was unable to teach or the shop was unexpectedly closed.
- Refunds or store credits for missed classes cannot be made.