September 1, 2023
Hillsborough Yarn Shop is growing, and we’re in need of help! We’re looking for someone to work Tuesday – Saturday, from 12 Noon – 4 PM. We are hoping to fill this part time position with one individual, but will consider two folks working 2 or 3 of these 4 hour shifts (8 or 12 hours total) in order to cover the 20 hours. Employees will receive PTO and holidays off, as well as being eligible to contribute to a small IRA plan.
We are looking for crafters who:
- Have completed knitting and/or crochet projects that may include sweaters, socks, scarves, hats, mitts, shawls (experience with colorwork, intarsia, and charts is a plus)
- Enjoy interacting with people
- Have some computer skills working on spreadsheets
- Helping clients select yarn for their projects, which may include:
- determining yardage
- offering input on yarn, color, needle/hook selections
- pattern interpretation
- Helping with inventory management
- Winding yarn
We are a certified Orange County Living Wage Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, genetics, physical or mental disability, marital status, military or Veterans status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your availability, as well as a little bit about your craft interests and experience. Please submit your application to us by September 15, 2023.